Thursday 10 January 2013

Back on the craft wagon!



Another post! Hopefully I won't fall off the blogging wagon again :)

At the weekend I felt inspired and went down to the garage ("studio") to see what I could hunt out in my sewing pile to tackle.

However, I got slightly side tracked by my vintage goodies and decided I needed to get them on eBay, so I started packing them away. While I did this I stumbled upon a skirt I forgot I had. In the lead up to Christmas I had been looking for some shorts that I could wear out around the festive season...Something a little like this:


Unfortunately, all the ones I liked were either FAR too short or not in my size, so I was sad.

UNTIL I found a black and gold lacy pencil skirt from the 1980s in my stash (no before picture, doh!). With some cutting and stitching, I managed to turn it into a pair of shorts:



What do you think (apart from the terrible photos, obviously)?

The shorts are fully lined (which is useful, for dignity purposes) and the lace has a floral pattern to it which is edged in gold. They are slightly high waisted, which I love!

I now just need to go out dancing in them! 

(Fitness update: Went for a run on Monday, did an ab workout on Tuesday, and had a day off yesterday... time for another run!)

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment