Wednesday 25 July 2012

End-of-term-itis

Ok, so I haven't posted in a little while... Whoops.

As some of you will be aware, I have been volunteering 3 days a week in a local primary school to build up my experience ready for my PGCE at Cambridge uni in September. End of term is always pretty manic, and with that comes the dreaded end-of-term-itis which it seems all teachers and TAs alike come down with - me included. Cue blocked sinuses, headaches and general under-the-weather-ness. Throw costochondritis into the mix and you might begin seeing why I have been unable to post. 

I have quite a few updates to, er, update you on, so please bear with me!

After deciding that Maisie seemed to be getting lonely, it was decided that she definitely needed a baby brother. I went to a couple's house whose cat had just had a litter of three, to see the little boy, Ernie. Ernie was lovely, but I absolutely fell in love with his sister, Sox. I decided there and then that she would be mine and I would call her Dorothy (poor kitty). Ernie, in fact, turned out to be a girl anyway. In due course I picked Dorothy up and brought her home, much to Maisie's absolute disgust. Two days of sulking (Maisie), tears (me) and utter bewilderment (Dorothy) dragged by, until I finally chilled out and just let Maisie continue sulking. It was on a day off that I happened to look down at Dorothy while she had her legs and bum in the air and noticed that something wasn't... right. 

After a quick bit of research to mostly confirm my suspicions, I asked for an expert opinion (Ben's Mum) - she took one look and swiftly declared "That's a little boy!" Hmm. So, after much uhming and ahing over which name to give him, I went with the name I was originally going to call the future-brother-of-Maisie; Elvis. 



Elvis is settling in well, and is a bit of a tearaway! He has very sharp claws and likes to climb up legs, jump on backs, and play with Maisie's tail. I am utterly in love with him. He is a very sweet little boy, he just doesn't know his name yet! 





Maisie is still grumpy when he's around, but will allow him to sleep near her - hopefully they will start to love each other, but I have been very reliably informed that it will take time and patience! I have noticed that they both have beautiful matching amber eyes and colour-tipped tails :)

Elvis, the annoying little brother


There will be many more updates over the next few days to make up for lost time! 

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment